Friday, October 7, 2011

On patchwork and life


Ralph Waldo Emerson said,
We do not live an equal life, but one of contrasts and patchwork; now a little joy, then a sorrow, now a sin, then a generous or brave action.
A patchwork is something composed of miscellaneous or incongruous parts. Isn't that what life is? It is snippets of time fused together by a human body. Each person has a path and each path eventually leads to a woven history - very much like how patchwork is composed of threads woven together. This blog will follow my life as I weave and fuse my own patchwork. I hope to touch on issues that are interesting to me (everything from step-parenting to weight loss to volunteering to fashion),personal failures, successes, and adventures, as well as my interests and hobbies.

I am a 30something small town girl living who now resides in the Greater Toronto Area. I have lived with my current boyfriend (B.) for the last four years and he has visitation with his 13 year old daughter on a  regular basis.  I raised as a Christian; however, since dating B., I have converted to the Roman Catholic faith. My parents are divorced and I have a younger brother. My dad has since remarried and his second wife has 2 children from a previous marriage. I have completely different relationships with my parents and my sibling.

I am a two-time University graduate and hold a post-graduate certificate from a college. My hobbies include volunteering for Scouts Canada, discovering my family history and genealogy, cooking and baking. Most of my vacation time is spent in a tent where we enjoy the great outdoors and geocaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment